Sometimes recipe testing is hard for me, not because I lack ideas, but because I get caught in a rut wanting to eat the same thing everyday. This is one of those Bermuda triangle foods. I could eat it every single day.
My last Bermuda triangle food was this Avocado Pistachio Salad which consumed most of 2013.
This sandwich starts with baba ganoush, which is very similar to hummus but made with eggplant. I prefer it actually. It’s lighter, smoother, and slightly smoky. I buy it pre-made in the hummus section of my grocery store but there are lots of great recipes online to make it at home. Check out Simply Recipes and Kayotic Kitchen. And then top it with maters, greens, avocado, sea salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes for spice. Yum. It’s great served with the Winter Vanilla Grapefruitade that you see in the background.
- 2 pieces Good Multi-Grain Bread
- 2 Tablespoons prepared Baba Ganoush
- 1 medium Tomato, Sliced
- Small bunch of Mixed Greens
- 1/2 Avocado, Sliced
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt, Fresh Black Pepper, & Red Pepper Flakes
- Spread baba ganoush on bread slice, top with remaining ingredients, close, and cut.