How to Cut an Avocado
To store half: Keep the pit inside that half and wrap tightly in foil to keep it from browning. You can also keep avocados from browning using lemon or lime juice.
To select the best avocado: Choose according to when you plan to eat it. Within the next day or two- pick one that is slightly soft to the touch. In a couple days- grab one that is firm and let it sit on the counter top to ripen. To stop an avocado from ripening, put it in the refrigerator. Avocados are very versatile because you can control their ripening using your counter top and refrigerator.
- 1/2 cup good Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Agave Nectar**
- 1 Tablespoons Water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 big handfuls of Mixed Greens
- 1 Tablespoon Shelled Pistachios
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Avocado, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon good Shaved Parmesan (optional)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a container and lightly shake until mixed.
- Assemble salad and drizzle dressing on top.
- *When it comes to Extra Virgin Olive Oil, get the best stuff you can find for salad dressings.
- **You could use honey instead of agave if that's what you already have.