Winter is citrus season and rightfully so- the fruit is at it’s sweetest and the extra vitamin C is cleansing and protective for our snowy bodies.
This drink is lighter and slightly sweeter than plain grapefruit juice and the hint of vanilla rounds off the flavors with a subtle warmth.
You can make this ahead of time and have it ready to go to perk up your mornings. Nothing brightens the sleepy eyes of a winter soul like grapefruit and vanilla.
- 2 Clementines
- 2 cups Freshly Squeezed Grapefruit Juice (2-3 large)
- 2 Tablespoons Agave Nectar or Honey
- 2 cups Water
- 4 cups Ice
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Peel clementines and separate slices. Freeze slices until completely solid, about 1 hour.
- Cut grapefruits in half and juice completely, discarding seeds and pulp.
- Combine juice, agave, water, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in ice right before serving. If making in advance, store drink in refrigerator without ice.