While most of you are in new years resolutions/post-holiday detoxing mode, some of you may be thinking ahead to Super Bowl planning. Yes, the Super Bowl is less than a month away (Feb 2nd)! So here’s a cute and quick football recipe that is a guaranteed success. Because let’s be for real, who doesn’t like pizza??
The trick to making these is buying deli-style hot dog buns from your grocery store, they will be in the bakery. As you can see in the pictures below they look like tiny baguettes. After that, the pizza world is your oyster, top with whatever sauces and toppings you’d like! Even oysters I guess? BBQ sauce and pineapple for me please.
- 8 Deli Style Hot Dog Buns
- 16oz Shredded Cheese of Choice
- Sauce of Choice
- Toppings of Choice
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, minced
- Cracked Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the hot dog buns lengthwise, if not already pre-cut. Cut those in half so that there are 4 pieces per bun.
- Divide the sauce, cheese, and toppings on the bread.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned, and bread has crisped up.
- Sprinkle with parsley and a small amount of sea salt.
- Serve Immediately.