I invented this recipe while in search of a healthy holiday appetizer to bring alongside the bread and cream cheese and candy that graced our parties.
I whipped up a lemony bean dip, a sweet sun-dried tomato topping, and carved out my cucumber rounds to bring to my grandmas. But with all the bread and cream cheese and candy, I forgot the cucumbers!! So in lieu of bite sized cuke cuties, I flopped the bean dip in a bowl, topped it with the tomatoes and served it alongside crackers and the veggie tray. It was still a big hit and I was happy to have something light to munch on.
You can prepare all of the ingredients for this recipe in just a couple minutes and store them to serve later.
- 1 Seedless English Cucumber
- 1 can (15 oz) Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Oil from Sun-Dried Tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 6-8 Sun Dried Tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Parsley
- Cut 3/4" slices of cucumber and then using a spoon lightly hollow out a small indentation in the middle of each slice. Gently sop up any excess water on the slices with a paper towel.
- In a food processor combine the bean dip ingredients and pulse until combined but still a bit rustic and chunky. Scrape down the sides occasionally.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and combine in a small bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve by spooning the bean dip into cucumber rounds and topping with the tomato mixture.
- You can store the ingredients separately or assembled.