What is orange curry you ask? Well it’s not a real thing… technically. Technically this is a red curry but since I used orange vegetables and it turns out orange, I renamed it orange. This is an incredibly flavorful meal that comes together in just 20 minutes and is full of healthy ingredients. So try something new this week!
You can buy red curry paste in the Asian food section of your grocery store alongside green curry paste. You can also find yellow curry powder in the spice section. All of them have different flavors but cook up similarly. You just simmer coconut milk and curry together, flop in your vegetables and cook them until finished. It’s pretty hard to mess this up and it makes a great weeknight meal idea. Serve over rice and don’t forget to make my Fake Naan Bread to scoop with! Only takes 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- 3 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 medium Sweet Potato
- 1/2 head Cauliflower
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh Basil or Parsley
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon Salt
- Lime (optional)
- Combine curry paste, coconut milk, and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, prep your vegetables. Peel and dice sweet potato into 1/2 inch cubes. Roughly chop cauliflower. Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.
- Add the sweet potato and cauliflower to the curry mixture and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in garbanzo beans and herbs.
- Season with salt to taste. A squeeze of lime can also be added to taste.
- Serve immediately over rice. Makes great leftovers too.