What you are about to see may be shocking.
Healthy, creamy, salty, smoky salad dressing – that’s only 3 ingredients! Yes it’s true!
My secret ingredient… Baba ghanoush! Or baba ganush, or baba ghannouj, or baba ghannoug. Or if you’re my mom, baba gadoo-gadoo or something like that.
It may have a weird name but it’s not really as crazy and exotic as it sounds. I’ve already rambled on about my love for it here. But for those of you who missed it, baba ghanoush is a creamy dip that’s very similar to hummus except made with smokey eggplant. It’s a staple in my house. Blended with vinegar and olive oil, it makes a great, healthy salad dressing.
I also added a handful of fresh herbs to my second batch and it transformed into a different dressing, so feel free to experiment.
Give ‘er a try!
- 1/2 cup Store-Bought or Homemade Baba Ghanoush
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or other mild oil
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender for a very smooth dressing; or just stir together for a quick version.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.