Green beans that can be cooked in a single pan, no boiling, no ice bath? Sign me up! The honey, lemon juice, and salt combine to make a sweet, tart, and salty glaze.
I like to keep mine crisp but if you prefer them softer, cook for an additional couple minutes. If you’re looking for an easy side dish for the weeknights that comes together quickly and will compliment a nice cheesy casserole, these are it.
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2-3 handfuls Fresh Green Beans
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Local Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- pinch Red Pepper Flake
- Wash and cut the ends off your green beans. Take care to cut as little off as possible to avoid waste.
- Saute beans in olive oil on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until desired softness. I like to keep mine slightly crisp. Stir the beans only 2 to 3 times in order to get a nice char on 'em.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss, cooking for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Tip: If you don't own a zester, take a sharp knife and cut off very thin strips of the lemon peel and add those to the dish. Be careful not to take too much pith (white stuff) because it's bitter!