I’ve gathered some great ideas from across the web and thrown in some of my own (when they are geniusy enough). These are the types of ideas you want to remember and the ones you kick yourself for not coming up with first.
Many of these ideas are genius in my book because they use the peels, which avoids waste. And I’m into any creative way to avoid waste.
In the Kitchen
1. Add some peel and a crack of cinnamon stick to your coffee grounds in a Keurig filter or in a regular coffee maker. It’ll scent the whole batch. I’m more of a tea drinker myself so I add them to my tea. No cinnamon stick? Use a little bit of ground cinnamon.
2. Drizzle and Dip – Clementine Upside Down Cakes Clementines fit perfectly in the bottom of muffin tins and make the cutest little cakes. This is one of those “I wish I had thought of that” moments.
3. The Comfort of Cooking – Chocolate Dipped Clementines with Sea Salt I love this idea because it really makes little clementine slices seem special and fancy.
4. Chef in Disguise – Clementine Orange Dessert Balls Ok, you must check out this recipe. It’s genius because she uses the PEEL to make them.
5. Completely Delicious – Clementine Buttermilk Scones How bright and sunny would these be on a Sunday morning?
6. Fat Free Vegan Kitchen – Clementine Dressing with Wasabi and Ginger Salad dressing? Yes, please.
7. The Veggievore – Orange Infused Oil Another genius way to use the peels of your clementines. I’m loving the idea of clementine and fresh rosemary olive oil.
For the Home
8. Keep a baggie in the freezer so you can add your peels as you get them. That way when you’re ready to make one of these cool treats you have all the peels you need, and you won’t be subjected to eating 27 clementines at one time.
9. The Mama’s Girls – DIY Clementine All-Purpose Cleaner Yes! The less chemicals in my house, the better.
10. Bug Repellant – Rub orange peels on your skin and the oils with repel mosquitoes. To keep slugs and ants away, place peels all over the ground in problem areas.
11. Gardenista – DIY Sunny Citrus Votives Little homemade candles with no wax, just two everyday ingredients. Genius, right?
12. Julie Blanner – Homemade Potpourri mmmmm… warm, comforting smells.
13. WikiHow How to Make Citrus Spray Delightful, fresh orange spray to perk up your living room.
14. The Yummy Life – Natural Honey Citrus Syrups for Coughs & Sore Throats Talk about a good use for citrus in the winter!
15. Whole Living – DIY Clementine Facial this mask can help you use up a few bumped and squished clementines all while improving your skin.
16. Deodorizer and Disposal Cleaner – Chuck a few peels down the garbage disposal and stash a few at the bottom of your trash can for instant freshening.
17. Have you seen my Clementine Cubes?? Freeze the little segments individually and add them to drinks. By the time you finish the drink, the clementines will be ready to eat.
18. Better Homes and Gardens – Skewered Jack-O-Lantern I know that some of these are way out of season but how cute is this pumpkin?
19. Spaceships and Laserbeams – Clementine Pumpkins Or these pumpkins? Too cute for sure.
20. Sesame Seed Designs – DIY Orange Peel Garland It’s still winter, this is still in season. I’m making one!
21. Carito Crafts – Orange Peel Jewelry You read right, jewelry from orange peels! This would make a fun kids craft too!
22. Chow – Chocolate Cake Baked in an Orange What a great campfire idea! Snack by day, delish dessert by night.
23. Brides – Clementine Place Card Holders This would be cute for a tropical wedding, a southern wedding, a winter wedding. Any wedding really.
24. The Bitten Word – Clementine Granita Oh how cute served in their little icy shells!
25. Little Cook – Tangerine Animals And last but not least, the award for Cutest Citrus Ever goes to this snail.