But I am good at improvising! So without having a Tandoor oven or years of experience under my belt, I set out to replicate the chewy, satisfying flavor of naan bread to go with my Easy Orange Curry recipe. I know this may seem goofy but I’ll tell ya’ it was super good to scoop with and really did have that chewy, carby texture that I was looking for. Make some and see!
Goes great with my Easy Orange Curry recipe!
- Vegetable Oil or other mildly flavored oil
- Red Pepper Flake
- Dried or Jarred Garlic
- Small Flour or Gluten-Free Tortilla Shells
- In a medium pan, drizzle 1/2 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with a pinch of red pepper flake and a pinch of garlic.
- Let the pan heat up over medium heat.
- When hot, add one to two tortilla shells, making sure not to overlap them.
- Cook for 1-3 minutes or until nicely browned. Do not cover the pan or move while cooking. Flip the tortilla and brown on the other side.
- Replenish the oil and seasonings if necessary between batches.